The global warehouse management market size is valued at $3.4 billion in 2022 and is expected to grow another 19% per year from 2023 to 2030. No wonder improved efficiency and increased output are the goals for the growing demand.
To meet these demands, we will look at the top warehouse trends of 2024:
- More and better warehouses. The increase in online shopping due to the COVID-19 pandemic created unprecedented demand for more modern warehouses, better product selection, and faster delivery.
- Automation addressing labor shortage. Automation allows warehouses to compensate for the labor shortage in areas like sorting, storage, and retrieval. It then enables people to focus on data analytics and optimization.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning. There is an increase in AI and machine learning to help warehouses “provide the actionable analytical data to optimize operations, increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve customer satisfaction.”
- Immersive tech. Virtual reality can help employees get up to speed quickly on the latest warehouse training, enhance the searchability of products, and improve decision-making through operations visibility.
- Cloud computing. We have shared a lot about the cloud and how it is becoming the go-to labeling solution. “With a 100 percent web-based interface, system accessibility from any device via an internet connection. This contracting mode is swiftly overtaking the on-premises model”.
With any of these trends, labeling is sure to be impacted by their adoption, and because these trends intend to make things more effective and efficient, companies will see positive results. Pragmatyxs can help you choose the best labeling solution that complements any warehouse trends you adopt. Let us help you implement your labeling solution and make some of these trends in 2024 become integral elements of your strategic warehouse management plan in the coming years.